Tuesday, November 15, 2011

Better than a Fritter

I wanted to share with you all a recipe for Caramel Apple Biscuits that I tested out last night. It was like an apple fritter but better there was tons of flavor and apples throughout. A painlessly simple recipe that has less than 10 ingredients.

INGREDIENTS:


1 can (16.3 oz) Pillsbury® Grands!® refrigerated buttermilk biscuits (I used 2 smaller cans)
2 tablespoons butter or margarine, melted
1 medium apple, peeled, chopped (1 cup)
3 tablespoons granulated sugar
1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
12 craft sticks (flat wooden sticks with round ends) (I did not use these)
12 cupcake liners (I did not use these)

Icing
 1/2 cup firmly packed brown sugar
1/4 cup whipping cream
3/4 cup powdered sugar

Step 1:  
Heat oven to 350°F. 

Place paper baking cup in each of 12 regular-size muffin cups. I chose not to use paper cups but if you chose to do so do this now.  If you are not using cups make sure you spray your pan real good.  You will have to excuse my cupcake pan...it is very well loved!

Cut each biscuit into 4-6 pieces; place in large bowl. 

Add butter, apple, granulated sugar and cinnamon.
Toss gently to mix.

Spoon mixture into muffin cups.


Step 2:
Bake 20 to 25 minutes or until golden brown. Immediately remove from pan.


Step 3:   
DO NOT START UNTIL THE BISCUITS ARE DONE (I made the mistake of doing this when the biscuits were baking and it was fully set by the time the biscuits was done...to fix, I had to microwave it)
In a pot, heat brown sugar and cream to a full rolling boil over medium heat, stirring constantly. 

Remove from heat. Beat in powdered sugar until smooth. 


Step4: 
Drizzle warm icing over biscuit cups. Insert 1 craft stick if you want into center of each biscuit cup. 

  These biscuits were awesome.  They tasted like apple fritters but better because the apples and cinnamon was incorporated throughout.  It also may look like it's overly sweet but it was surprisingly not.  It was the perfect balance!
  Try out this recipe and don't forget to come back and leave me a comment on what you thought about these "better than fritters" Caramel Apple Biscuits!

5 comments:

  1. This looks delicious! Thanks for sharing.

    ~Mrs. Delightful
    ourdelightfulhome.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. These look amazing! Thank you so much for linking up to Taking A Timeout Thursday!
    -Trish @ Mom On Timeout
    www.MomOnTimeout.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi there! I just wanted to let you know that you are being featured at this weeks Taking A Timeout Thursday party. Hope to see you again!

    -Trish @ Mom On Timeout
    http://www.MomOnTimeout.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yay! I am going to get my featured button! Thank you so much Trish!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Did you like what you read? Leave me a comment and let me know!


Thanks for taking the time to comment!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...